How to actually take care of curly hair in 3 easy steps

0 comments


As a curly haired girl, I'm so sick of seeing all these tutorials like 'hair masks for curly hair' and 'hair plopping' or 'DIY hair serums to take care of curly hair'. Trust me, I've tried them all. They. Just. Don't. Work (for me anyway). And it's something that has always frustrated me because no matter how hard I tried and no matter what technique or new craze I jumped on bored, it all just ended up a disaster...

I was actually excited to try hair plopping... but it didn't end as well as I had hoped

If you have curly hair, you'll understand how frustrating it is to achieve the perfect curls. One wrong move, like changing shampoo or sleeping on your hair, and you're back to straightening or a bun.

It has taken me 19 years to finally understand what I needed to do for my hair to look good (for a day at least, then I sleep on it and it's all over). The past year I had made some pretty drastic changes to my shower and post shower hair care routine, that A. saved me time B. made my curls look better than ever, and C. my hair is now healthier because of this.

So here's what I do.

1. Wash it
2. Brush it
3. Leave it alone.

Let me explain...


1. Wash it
Not like that.

I learnt a trick to never pile my hair on top of my head when washing. I leave it down, as if I'm applying conditioner but obviously paying attention to my scalp as well. It prevents tangles and hair breakage.

That was the first thing I changed, the second was the shampoo I used. I stopped using drugstore shampoos and switched to Coconut Revolution - something more organic and natural.

2. Brush it

The second trick I learnt was to stop doing this

and start doing this...

Drying my hair gently by patting the ends with the towel, brushing it with a Tangle Teezer then splitting it down the middle and brushing the sides with a narrow tooth comb (that's right, narrow).

3. Leave it alone.

And by leave it alone, I mean Leave. It. Alone. After brushing, I simply tuck my hair behind my ears and let it dry. 

Over the years I've found the more product I put in my hair the more my hair is weighed down, and I end up with frizzy or oily-in-some-areas-hair. I think It's important to let your hair breathe and not drown it in products.

Just let your hair be! xx RAD

Post a Comment

© Rouls of Fashion. Design by MangoBlogs.